Our CSA for the 2016 season will consist of a basket containing a selection of the following items, depending on time of season:
- Bush Beans
- Pole Beans
- Sweet Corn
- Onions (Yellow and Red)
- Peppers (Sweet and Jalapeno)
- Yellow Potatoes
- Pumpkins (Carving and Pie)
- Winter Squash (Spaghetti Squash)
- Sunflower Seeds
- Sweet Potatoes
- Tomatoes (Paste and Heirloom Slicing)
- Assorted Fresh Herbs like Oregano, Basil, Sage, Thyme, and more
- USDA processed GMO-free pastured pork
- USDA processed GMO-free pastured beef
- Eggs from Free-Range Chickens
- Handmade Soap (both Vegan and Goat’s Milk from our own goats)
- Jams and Jellies from our Seasonal Fruit
If you’re interested in a herd-share program, please contact us. We do offer one, but it is limited to pick-up at our farm in Higdon, AL.
And if you have a favorite vegetable that you’d like to see in our CSA, let us know!
Each CSA share covers 22 weeks of baskets (May 18th through October 12th this year). That’s a $25 basket of farm goodies every week for those 22 weeks. We offer the following shares:
- Full Shares: $550 for 22 weeks.
- Half Shares: $275 for 22 weeks. One full basket every other week during the 22-week period.
Please be aware that when you sign up for our CSA, you’re helping to support our farm by paying for the 22-week program up-front. Please let us know if you’re unable to pick up your box one week or if you’ll have someone else pick up your basket for you. If your basket is not picked up, it will be redistributed.
We also offer add-ons for anyone interested in supplementing their CSA box each week.
Egg Add-on: $110 for one dozen eggs from free-range chickens each week (for a total of 22 dozen). If you’re doing a half share, the add-on is $55 for a dozen every other week.
Why get an egg share? Our eggs sell out FAST, sometimes within the first 15 minutes of the market each week. Paying for an egg share will reserve that dozen for you each week.
Starting May 2016:
- Main Street Farmer’s Market (Wednesdays from 4 to 6 p.m.)
- Sand Mountain, Alabama (Contact us for special pick-up availability at our farm in Higdon, AL)
We also invite you to contact us about coming to the farm for a visit. We want you to see how your food is raised!